Skip to main content

UPDATE: Tiers of Joy

UPDATE: March 9, 2023 I've had more time to pray on it and really listen to God, and I've decided that I am not going to close Jenuine Enterprises as a whole. Instead, I am going to restructure it a bit. That being said, I am still closing the edible creations division of the business as well as customized or personalized crafts. Inventory specific to those divisions of my company will be liquidated. I am working through the new structure of the business as we speak, and I am very excited about how it is shaping up. When I have more details, I will share them. In the meantime, I have some backend work to do and a website refresh. Stay tuned! —Jen

What I learned from Rebel Wilson, Gandhi and my mentor...


It has taken me over 48 hours to drum up the courage to do this video. GAH! I feel so silly, but over the past 5 years or so, I have developed this fear of sharing my thoughts and feelings on social media about anything really, especially through video. As a digital marketing professional who spent her days on social media, I watched numerous people get torn apart for expressing how they feel, sharing their thoughts and supporting their beliefs. It definitely instilled fear in me, but that is about to change. One of my mentors said something to me last week that really stuck with me. He said to think about holding on to your fears like holding on to a hot coal. If I had a hot coal in my hand, I would drop it pretty quickly, right? Right. If I didn't, what would happen? Pain? Damage? Yes. Well, I can say with the utmost confidence that my hands have been burnt for some time. But each day, I make a conscious effort to drop the coal.


This past weekend, Dan and I went to see Rebel Wilson's new movie, Isn't It Romantic. I was looking forward to seeing this moving because I thought it would just be funny and cutsie. And it lived up to that, but little did I know it would also be quite profound. I found myself tearing up more than once because it reminded me how important it is to love yourself and to live with purpose. I have struggled with both of these for years. I have worked to make progress, but now, I am ready to take it to the next level. And I am jazzed! There are things that are important to me that I do not share with others because I am afraid of what people might think. Well it's time to drop that hot coal. I believe with all of my heart that my purpose in life is to serve as a platform that raises others up in health and happiness. So that is what I am going to do and I couldn't be any happier. I vow think positively and optimistically. I vow to share with others information, tools, resources, support and motivation that will help them to live a healthy and happy life. And I vow to love myself, believe in myself and be a role model for others.

I know I can do this. And it is because of the people in my support system, especially a handful in particular.
  • My husband who loves and supports me unconditionally and who embodies what it means to live a healthy lifestyle
  • My friend, Ashley who makes me feel like I can do anything I set my mind to.
  • My mentors, Luke & Katie for their confidence in me and my ability to go far in life
  • My coach, Hailey who sees my potential even when I don't and invests her time and energy into helping me live a healthy life
  • And my parents, for teaching me that with faith, anything is possible.
In the movie, Liam Hemsworth quoted Gandhi who said, "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." That, my friends, is where I am headed.

Have a great night, and be well.

Popular posts from this blog

REVISED: Owl Eyeglass Holder Crochet Pattern

Here is a link to the original pattern: https://myfingersflyblog.com/2019/05/24/friday-freebie-owl-eyeglass-holder/ Jen’s adjustments in orange Materials: Worsted weight yarn 2 1/3  oz. ombre or variegated – I alternated the base color (ivory) with a light pink since they would compliment the color of my frames 1 oz. solid Few yards orange – I used a light yellow to compliment the light pink Size G crochet hook – I used a size I because I tend to crochet too tight Yarn needle Plastic googly eyes 40 mm – I used 25 mm eyes because I wanted them to be smaller Fiberfil Pantyhose – I did not use the pantyhose since I was using a color similar to the color of the fiberfil Crocodile stitch video – https://youtu.be/HN_SNZDW21w Directions: BODY: Rnd 1: With ombre yarn, ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Do not join. Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st (12 sc). Rnd 3: *Sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, repeat around (18 sc). Rnd 4: *Sc in each of next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, * repeat around (24 sc). Rnd 5: *Sc i

UPDATE: Tiers of Joy

UPDATE: March 9, 2023 I've had more time to pray on it and really listen to God, and I've decided that I am not going to close Jenuine Enterprises as a whole. Instead, I am going to restructure it a bit. That being said, I am still closing the edible creations division of the business as well as customized or personalized crafts. Inventory specific to those divisions of my company will be liquidated. I am working through the new structure of the business as we speak, and I am very excited about how it is shaping up. When I have more details, I will share them. In the meantime, I have some backend work to do and a website refresh. Stay tuned! —Jen

Otis: An answered prayer

This past Friday, October 15, I was scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed over lunch when a post on one of the dog mom pages I follow caught my eye. It was a rehoming post for this little boy: Otis, a 1-year-old teddy bear (Shih Tzu/Bichon mix). Now, this was a type of post I had seen before, but there was something about this one that stopped me in my tracks. I just knew in my heart we had to help. I called Dan over to take a look. He had a similar reaction, which told me we were being called to do this. Even though we already had three fur babies, we were drawn to Otis. We had to know more. We had to meet him. The post specified that they wanted Otis to go to a home where he'd be the king of the house or the only pet. That didn't stop me from reaching out. I wrote from my heart and asked that they consider us even though we did not meet the criteria set forth. Imagine my excitement when I heard back from the owner! We both poured out our hearts and knew this was worth a shot