Skip to main content

UPDATE: Tiers of Joy

UPDATE: March 9, 2023 I've had more time to pray on it and really listen to God, and I've decided that I am not going to close Jenuine Enterprises as a whole. Instead, I am going to restructure it a bit. That being said, I am still closing the edible creations division of the business as well as customized or personalized crafts. Inventory specific to those divisions of my company will be liquidated. I am working through the new structure of the business as we speak, and I am very excited about how it is shaping up. When I have more details, I will share them. In the meantime, I have some backend work to do and a website refresh. Stay tuned! —Jen

My first day of grad school

I have literally been counting down the days to the start of my MA program at Southern New Hampshire University. Ten years ago, I graduated from UW-Eau Claire with a BBA in Operations and Materials Management and just two years ago, I picked up an associate degree in technical writing. While I enjoyed certain aspects of these programs (and love learning in general), this is the first program I am SUPER jazzed to be part of and dive into. I have never been this interested in the content of my coursework and I hope that translates into successful completion next year and admission into my MFA program.

Since today is the first day of term, I will be reviewing and printing my syllabi, module guidelines and other course materials. Later this afternoon, I will start writing my introduction to my professors and classmates that is to be posted to the discussion board by Thursday. I am very happy that the structure of this online MA program closely resembles what I experienced during my online associate program through CVTC.

Another thing I am going today to help prepare myself for success is placing holds on my calendar so that I have plenty of time in the evening to complete my readings and coursework. Today is a perfect day for starting class since I have the day off from work.

I love how SNHU is structured. It offers five terms per year. Each term is 10 weeks. Because of this structure, I will be able to complete my MA program in just over a year! My first two courses this term are ENG 510 - Studying the Craft and ENG 520 - Story and Concept. Since I will be reading and writing a lot for my courses, I thought it would be great to start blogging more as well. Practice, practice, practice, right? I know that the more I read and write, the better I will become.
Today is a beautiful winter day in Wisconsin. My hubby is on the road for work, so I am chilling on the couch with my laptop (and adorable fur babies) working on my intro for Thursday. I can't wait to get to know my professors and classmates!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVISED: Owl Eyeglass Holder Crochet Pattern

Here is a link to the original pattern: https://myfingersflyblog.com/2019/05/24/friday-freebie-owl-eyeglass-holder/ Jen’s adjustments in orange Materials: Worsted weight yarn 2 1/3  oz. ombre or variegated – I alternated the base color (ivory) with a light pink since they would compliment the color of my frames 1 oz. solid Few yards orange – I used a light yellow to compliment the light pink Size G crochet hook – I used a size I because I tend to crochet too tight Yarn needle Plastic googly eyes 40 mm – I used 25 mm eyes because I wanted them to be smaller Fiberfil Pantyhose – I did not use the pantyhose since I was using a color similar to the color of the fiberfil Crocodile stitch video – https://youtu.be/HN_SNZDW21w Directions: BODY: Rnd 1: With ombre yarn, ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Do not join. Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st (12 sc). Rnd 3: *Sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, repeat around (18 sc). Rnd 4: *Sc in each of next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, * repeat around (24 sc). Rnd 5: *Sc i

UPDATE: Tiers of Joy

UPDATE: March 9, 2023 I've had more time to pray on it and really listen to God, and I've decided that I am not going to close Jenuine Enterprises as a whole. Instead, I am going to restructure it a bit. That being said, I am still closing the edible creations division of the business as well as customized or personalized crafts. Inventory specific to those divisions of my company will be liquidated. I am working through the new structure of the business as we speak, and I am very excited about how it is shaping up. When I have more details, I will share them. In the meantime, I have some backend work to do and a website refresh. Stay tuned! —Jen

Otis: An answered prayer

This past Friday, October 15, I was scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed over lunch when a post on one of the dog mom pages I follow caught my eye. It was a rehoming post for this little boy: Otis, a 1-year-old teddy bear (Shih Tzu/Bichon mix). Now, this was a type of post I had seen before, but there was something about this one that stopped me in my tracks. I just knew in my heart we had to help. I called Dan over to take a look. He had a similar reaction, which told me we were being called to do this. Even though we already had three fur babies, we were drawn to Otis. We had to know more. We had to meet him. The post specified that they wanted Otis to go to a home where he'd be the king of the house or the only pet. That didn't stop me from reaching out. I wrote from my heart and asked that they consider us even though we did not meet the criteria set forth. Imagine my excitement when I heard back from the owner! We both poured out our hearts and knew this was worth a shot