Skip to main content

UPDATE: Tiers of Joy

UPDATE: March 9, 2023 I've had more time to pray on it and really listen to God, and I've decided that I am not going to close Jenuine Enterprises as a whole. Instead, I am going to restructure it a bit. That being said, I am still closing the edible creations division of the business as well as customized or personalized crafts. Inventory specific to those divisions of my company will be liquidated. I am working through the new structure of the business as we speak, and I am very excited about how it is shaping up. When I have more details, I will share them. In the meantime, I have some backend work to do and a website refresh. Stay tuned! —Jen

Dinnertime with the boys

 

It's dinnertime! And we're letting you in on the boys' routine. Now, I'd be lying if I said that dinnertime around the Ekblad household was not a circus. But, it is fun and we have found some products that make it a bit easier.

Let's start with our feeding routine. As many of you may know, these boys are my babies which means, they get the top of the line when it comes to most things. So, we alternate all four boys between dry whole food and fresh food. One night is dry. The other is fresh.

For the dry food, we feed our boys pawTree's real lamb, chickpeas, and lentils recipe and sometimes vary the recipe to keep them excited. What I love so much about this brand is that they use freeze-dried whole foods to make the dry food. The dry food can be fed to puppies and adult dogs and the list of health benefits is endless. Just go check out the link above and see for yourself. Oh! And use code INTRO4U to get 20% off your first order!

For the wet food, we feed our boys The Farmer's Dog. If you haven't checked this out for your fur baby, you must! You build a profile, choose the recipes you would like to feed, and then choose how often you want to feed them the fresh food and in what proportion to dry or whatever you're making for them at home. The human-grade packs of food arrive frozen with your pup's name on the front and how much is to be served each day. It's brilliant if you ask me. 😉 Use the link above to get your first box for FREE!

We do include some supplements in their food: Glandex and PlaqueOff. Glandex just keeps things moving along and encourages happy poops while the PlaqueOff reduces tartar buildup (from the inside out). The cheapest Glandex we have found comes from 1800PetMeds.com. And PlaqueOff comes in the sprinkles like we have or these sort of chew bones (which we also have for days when they don't get the sprinkles). The cheapest PlaqueOff products we have found come from Amazon.com.

Now, let's talk about the actual process of feeding the boys, which is quite hilarious.

Brody is our senior dog. He really is sweet contrary to how he is with others outside of our home. His flat Shih Tzu face paired with his impaired eyesight has led to us hand-feeding him with a spoon. It is about as adorable as it sounds.

He is our champ, though, and is such a good eater. Not picky at all!

Louie is our four-and-a-half-year-old. He is a pig. He will literally eat like it is a competition and if we add powered bone broth to the dry food or any other dry sprinkles, he will literally lick all of the dishes, spitting out the dry food and leaving a damp bowl of kibble for the others. It's pretty gross, but it makes him happy.

Recently, we invested in a slow feeder for him (and Ollie) and it has helped immensely to keep him from finishing his dinner within a minute. 😏

Then, there's Ollie—our almost-two-year-old. He may be small, but he can pack away the food! Recently, we even went through a bout of him having heartburn (yes, dogs can get heartburn). So our vet recommended the slow feeder and it has worked its magic.

He is our picky eater.

And finally, there is Otis, our one-and-a-half-year-old. He is the sweetest little thing. The most polite when it comes to food. And he is just all-around a good eater. Not picky at all. He does not like it when his fresh food gets packed down in the bowl, so from time to time, we have to fluff it up a bit so he can continue eating. He melts my heart.

After the boys go to their separate areas of the kitchen, they eat, and then it's time to play. The best zoomies come just after dinner. 😆

—Jen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVISED: Owl Eyeglass Holder Crochet Pattern

Here is a link to the original pattern: https://myfingersflyblog.com/2019/05/24/friday-freebie-owl-eyeglass-holder/ Jen’s adjustments in orange Materials: Worsted weight yarn 2 1/3  oz. ombre or variegated – I alternated the base color (ivory) with a light pink since they would compliment the color of my frames 1 oz. solid Few yards orange – I used a light yellow to compliment the light pink Size G crochet hook – I used a size I because I tend to crochet too tight Yarn needle Plastic googly eyes 40 mm – I used 25 mm eyes because I wanted them to be smaller Fiberfil Pantyhose – I did not use the pantyhose since I was using a color similar to the color of the fiberfil Crocodile stitch video – https://youtu.be/HN_SNZDW21w Directions: BODY: Rnd 1: With ombre yarn, ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Do not join. Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st (12 sc). Rnd 3: *Sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, repeat around (18 sc). Rnd 4: *Sc in each of next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, * repeat around (24 sc). Rnd 5: *Sc i

UPDATE: Tiers of Joy

UPDATE: March 9, 2023 I've had more time to pray on it and really listen to God, and I've decided that I am not going to close Jenuine Enterprises as a whole. Instead, I am going to restructure it a bit. That being said, I am still closing the edible creations division of the business as well as customized or personalized crafts. Inventory specific to those divisions of my company will be liquidated. I am working through the new structure of the business as we speak, and I am very excited about how it is shaping up. When I have more details, I will share them. In the meantime, I have some backend work to do and a website refresh. Stay tuned! —Jen

Otis: An answered prayer

This past Friday, October 15, I was scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed over lunch when a post on one of the dog mom pages I follow caught my eye. It was a rehoming post for this little boy: Otis, a 1-year-old teddy bear (Shih Tzu/Bichon mix). Now, this was a type of post I had seen before, but there was something about this one that stopped me in my tracks. I just knew in my heart we had to help. I called Dan over to take a look. He had a similar reaction, which told me we were being called to do this. Even though we already had three fur babies, we were drawn to Otis. We had to know more. We had to meet him. The post specified that they wanted Otis to go to a home where he'd be the king of the house or the only pet. That didn't stop me from reaching out. I wrote from my heart and asked that they consider us even though we did not meet the criteria set forth. Imagine my excitement when I heard back from the owner! We both poured out our hearts and knew this was worth a shot